- What type of Implant is right for me?
- How do I choose my implant size?
- How do I best determine what implant profile and shape is best for me?
- How do I decide between silicone gel and saline implant materials?
- Which incision option is best for me?
- Should my implants be placed behind or in front of the pectoralis muscle?
- Do I need a breast lift? What is the purpose of implants versus a lift?
- How should I prepare for my Breast Augmentation surgery?
- What should I expect after my Breast Augmentation surgery?
Natural Breast Augmentation Surgery
in Denver, Colorado
How do I decide between silicone gel and saline implant materials?
Both silicone gel and saline options are available for breast implants in Denver, Colorado. Both types have an outer shell composed of silicone. Silicone gel implants are chosen by an overwhelming majority of patients at the Center for Cosmetic Surgery. But the choice is entirely the patient's.
Silicone gel implants are made of cohesive gel which is a semi-solid and does not leak throughout the body if the shell breaks. Despite their temporary ban by the FDA, silicone implants have never caused the autoimmune illnesses as was claimed in many lawsuits. They have definitively been proven safe and hence, reapproved in 2006 for everyone's use. Gel implants have three main advantages over saline implants:
- Softer, more natural feel
- Less rippling or wrinkling
- Lower risk of rupture
Although silicone filled implants are quickly becoming the predominant implant of choice in Denver for breast augmentation, saline implants remain a reasonable option. They are filled with salt water. When the shell of a saline implant ruptures, the water is absorbed by the body and the breast deflates. Although saline implants tend to feel slightly firmer and rippling may be more noticeable, they can be a good choice for women with thicker breast tissue coverage and they cost less than their silicone counterpart.
The Center for Cosmetic Surgery has two offices conveniently located in the Denver metropolitan area. One is located just outside of Denver in lovely Golden, Colorado immediately off 6th Ave West and the other is located downtown in Cherry Creek, Denver. Please schedule a personal consultation to learn what plastic surgery can do for you. Simply call (720) 279-1926 or request your consultationconsultation online.
There are several important considerations to learn about when contemplating breast augmentation surgery.
Why Choose Us for Breast Augmentation
The best thing a breast augmentation patient can do to ensure she gets great results is to choose a top-of-the-line surgeon. All 3 of our surgeons specialize in cosmetic breast surgery and have been recognized by their peers as leaders in the field. We invite you to get to know us and see what sets us apart.