Dr. Paul Steinwald's Professional Resume
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery (2001, recertified 2010; Diplomate certificate # 6285)
- The American Board of Surgery (1999, recertified 2009; Diplomate certificate #44281)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), 2002-present
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), 2012-present
- The Center for Cosmetic Surgery, Golden, CO, November 2014-present
- Lake Forest Plastic Surgery (private practice), Lake Forest, IL, July 2000-October 2014
- Plastic Surgery Training - University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 1998-2000
- General Surgery Training - George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 1992-1998
- Tulane University School of Medicine
New Orleans, LA
- Dartmouth College
- Vice-Chairman of Department of Surgery, Lake Forest Hospital (2007-2014)
- Steinwald PM, Mathes SJ: Management of the Complex Abdominal Wound. Advances in Surgery, Chapter 5, Vol. 35, JL Cameron ed., 2001.
- Mathes SJ, Steinwald PM, Roster RD, Hoffman WY, Anthony JP: Complex abdominal wall reconstruction: A comparison of flap and mesh closure. Annals of Surgery, 232(4):586-596; October 2000.
- Steinwald PM, Whang KT, Becker KL, Snider RH, Nylen ES, White JC: Elevated calcitonin precursor levels are related to mortality in an animal model of sepsis. Critical Care Medicine 3:11-16; January 1999.
- Whang KT, Steinwald PM, White JC, Nylen ES, Simon GL, Goldberg RL, Becker KL: Serum calcitonin precursors in sepsis and systemic inflammation. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 83:3296-3301, September 1998.
- Nylen ES, Whang KT, Snider RH, Steinwald PM, White JC, Becker KL: Mortality is increased by procalcitonin and decreased by an antiserum reactive to procalcitonin in experimental sepsis. Critical Care Medicine, 26:1001-1006, June 1998.
- Steinwald PM, Trachiotis GD, Tannebaum IR: Intussusception in an adult secondary to inverted Meckel's diverticulum. The American Surgeon, 62:1-6, November 1996.
- "Nipple-sparing Breast Reconstruction" case presentation at the University of Chicago Breast Symposium, September 2014.
- "Local Flaps in Breast Reconstruction," Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) Reconstruction Team presentation, January, 2014.
- "Local Flaps in Breast Reconstruction," Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital "Lunch and Learn," NLFH Women's Center, November 2014.
- "FTM Chest Masculinization: An Evaluation of Form and Function," Gender Odyssey Conference, Seattle, WA, August 2011.
- "An Update on FTM Chest Masculinization," presented at the 8th semi-annual UCSF Alumni Reunion and Scientific Program, San Francisco, CA, June 2011.
- "FTM Chest Masculinization: An Evaluation of Form and Function," Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference, Philadelphia, PA, June 2011.
- "The Low-Down on What's Up in Plastic Surgery" Lake Forest Hospital Evening Lecture series, March, 2011.
- "Advancements in Wound Care and Recognized Hyperbaric Indications," Wound Center Panel presentation, Lake Forest Hospital, November 2010.
- "Breast Reconstruction," LFH Breast Care Center "Lunch and Learn," June, 2010.
- "The Plastic Surgeon's Secrets to Attaining and Maintaining Healthy, Beautiful Skin," Lake Forest Hospital Evening Lecture series, May 2010.
- "Mommy Makeovers (updated)," Lake Forest Hospital evening lecture, November 2008.
- "Plastic Surgery Through Your Decades," Lake Forest Hospital evening lecture, March 2008.
- "FTM (Female-to-Male) Chest Recontouring," FORGE Presentation, Milwaukee WI - January, 2008.
- "Mommy Makeovers (and Grandmas too!)," Lake Forest Hospital evening lecture - April, 2007.
- "FTM (Female-to-Male) Chest Recontouring," FORGE Forward Conference, Milwaukee WI - April, 2007.
- "Mommy Makeovers," Chicago Health and Beauty Expo, Schaumburg, IL - March 2007.
- "FTM (Female-to-Male) Chest Recontouring," UCSF Alumni Reunion/Scientific Program, San Francisco, CA - February 2006.
- "Plastic Surgery of the Breast," Lake Forest Hospital Mini-Medical School - November 2003
- "Breast Reduction via the Inferior Pedicle Technique," UCSF Plastic Surgery Alumni Reunion/Scientific Program, San Francisco, CA - June 2003
- "TRAM Flap Breast Reconstruction," Lake Forest Hospital Nursing Staff - October 2001
- "Abdominal Wall Reconstruction," UCSF Plastic Surgery Alumni Reunion/Scientific Program, San Francisco, CA - June 2001
- Conversant in Spanish