You’re not alone if you want to keep your skin glowing and healthy even when you can’t get in to the medical spa or plastic surgery office. Women and men throughout Denver and the entire country are searching for ways to take care of their skin when their favorite treatments aren’t available.
Fortunately, the skincare professionals at Rejuvenate! medical spa have you covered. In this blog post, we’ll answer two common questions we hear from men and women who want a fresh face while staying safer at home.
What is a good skincare routine?
Understanding the basics of a good at-home routine will help you care for your skin when you can’t get into our medical spa for more specialized treatments. Essential elements of at-home skin care include:
- Cleansing: Even when you’re mostly staying inside, your skin builds up a layer of oil, dirt, pollutants, and bacteria. Remove that grime with a gentle cleanser to keep you and your skin healthy.
- Exfoliating: Dead skin cells also accumulate on your face throughout the day. Exfoliating whisks flaky, dead skin away to reveal fresh new skin cells.
- Moisturizing: Your skin’s healthy moisture barrier is vital to warding off wrinkles, dull-looking skin, and acne breakouts. And yet, so many conditions and activities dry your skin, including cold weather, hot water, arid climates, smoking, and medical conditions such as diabetes and hyperthyroidism. To protect your skin’s moisture barrier from the onslaught of these elements, hydrate your skin with a reliable moisturizer.
- Addressing trouble spots: A good skincare routine can prevent skin problems, and handles issues as they arise, whether it’s acne, wrinkles, age spots, or other concerns. Pay attention to your skin, and make sure you have the right products on hand to take care of those troubling issues.
- Protecting skin: We know you’ve heard it before, but it’s worth repeating: Wear sunscreen! The sun’s skin-damaging UVA light can penetrate windows, so even if you’re staying inside, your skin is vulnerable. Do your skin a favor and apply sunscreen every morning so your skin is protected.
Want to see how a professional aesthetician cares for her skin? Check out our licensed aesthetician, Callea Mahagan’s, at-home facial tutorial.
How else can I get flawless skin at home?
Our skincare professionals have a few more helpful tips for caring for your skin:
- Choose quality, professional-grade products like SkinCeuticals. Rejuvenate! medical spa offers Quarantine Survival Kits and curbside pick-up in Golden if you’re not quite ready to venture into our practice.
- Get enough vitamin D to ensure skin can fight premature aging. (You’ll give a boost to your immune system and bones, too).
- Limit non-work screen time. Blue light, the high energy visible light emitted by electronic devices, causes the skin to age prematurely.
- Use this time at home to plan for future skin rejuvenation treatments such as IPL to take care of your rosacea, BOTOX® Cosmetic to reduce crow’s feet, or a mini facelift to erase the signs of aging around the lower face, jowls, and neck.
Whether you want professional-grade skincare products or you’re looking for rejuvenation advice and treatment, our team of professionals is here to help you care for your skin. Use our online form to request a consultation or call us at (303) 278-2600 (Golden) or (303) 951-2100 (Denver).
Leave a Reply