Given our current situation of social distancing in the middle of the COVID crisis, we are seeing an increase in the number of requests for information about facial and skin procedures. We can only assume that this is a direct result of many people doing Zoom, FaceTime, or other video calls for work and to chat with friends and family.
People who search online for “how to get a better jawline” find all sorts of exercises that promise great results. But these exercises focus on muscles, while the real reason for lost definition is usually lax skin and accumulated fat.
From CoolSculpting sessions to a mini facelift, there are many ways Denver patients can improve the appearance of their jawline. Here are a few surgical and nonsurgical options for those interested in a brand-new look.
- Fillers: Dermal fillers are an easy, popular way to slim and sculpt the face. Sculptra®, in particular, can be used to contour the chin and jawline. Results last up to 2 years, and maintenance treatments can help refresh your improvements.
- CoolSculpting®: CoolSculpting can freeze away fat cells that don’t respond to diet or exercise. It’s a great treatment option for patients who want to reduce fat under the chin without surgery. The procedure requires no downtime, and a session can be performed in under an hour.
- Laser skin resurfacing: This treatment harnesses the power of a small, precise laser to improve skin texture, fade wrinkles, and leave skin looking fresher and more youthful. This option pairs well with other procedures to completely transform your skin’s appearance.
- Neck lift: A neck lift is the most direct way to address loose, saggy skin that collects around the jawline. This surgery can remove “turkey neck,” tighten weakened muscles, and skin along the lower face. It is a fairly straightforward procedure with less recovery time than other major procedures.
- Mini facelift: Facelifts are an excellent way for Denver patients to fight the signs of aging on multiple areas of the face at once. A mini facelift rejuvenates the lower two-thirds of the face by lifting sagging tissues and tightening skin and muscles along the cheeks, jawline, and neck. While a mini facelift is a more involved procedure than a neck lift, it can often create a more noticeable result.
- Neck liposuction: Liposuction is a go-to procedure for shrinking fatty areas and sculpting the body. It can also be used to directly target the neck area to help refine and tone the jawline. Ask your doctor if this treatment is right for you and if it can be paired with other popular contouring options.
Even though a nonsurgical procedure may be the right choice for some patients, a surgical procedure can produce more dramatic and long-lasting results. Discuss your options with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see which jawline treatment is right for you.
Browse our before-and-after gallery to see examples of real patients after their contouring procedures. If you have any questions or would like to learn more, request a virtual consultation online. You can also contact our practice by phone to schedule an appointment with one of our plastic surgeons in Denver (303) 951-2100 or Golden (303) 278-2600.
Do any of your surgeons perform mentoplasty?
We do chin implants but not reductions.