People trying to find the best plastic surgeons in Denver often go online when they start their searches, especially if none of their friends or family members has undergone plastic surgery in the area. But not everyone knows what to look for when choosing a plastic surgeon.
In this blog post, we’ll provide a list of factors potential patients should look for during their searches, both online and during one-on-one consultations. Even though there are several excellent and highly trained plastic surgeons throughout Colorado, choosing the best surgeon for you should include establishing a personal rapport with the surgeon.
Besides feeling comfortable with the plastic surgeon’s style, here are other things to consider during your search:
- Before-and-after photos: You can view these galleries featuring the surgeon’s actual patients both online and at the plastic surgery practice. These photos will give you a good idea of what a surgeon considers excellent results from the procedure you’re considering. Helpful before-and-after photos have similar lighting and angles in each photo, so you can be sure the results are authentic.
- The surgeon’s training and experience: A surgeon’s credentials are important. Start by ensuring the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It’s also important to ask about his or her experience performing the specific procedure. You’ll also want to find out if the surgeon performs surgery in a fully accredited plastic surgery facility.
- The communication style of the surgeon: Does the surgeon describe procedures in a way that you can understand? If a surgeon recommends a procedure that you weren’t initially thinking about, does he or she explain why you would benefit from that procedure? Is the surgeon “all business,” or is the bedside manner more engaging and personal?
- Read online patient reviews: Few of us would choose a hotel or restaurant these days without first checking consumer review sites to see what others thought of their experiences. That’s especially important when choosing a plastic surgeon. Sites such as RealSelf are geared specifically to cosmetic surgery patients.
- Referrals are great: If you do have friends or family members who have undergone plastic surgery, by all means, ask them about their experiences. You can also ask medical professionals in the community for their opinions.
One thing we encourage patients to avoid is to bargain-shop for the least expensive practice or the best promotion. This is no time for Groupon. Most patients have budget restrictions, but your health should always take priority.
If you’re looking for a plastic surgery practice in Denver, you can contact us using the online form to request a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons. You can also call us at (303) 278-2600 (Golden) or (303) 951-2100 (Denver) to schedule an appointment. We also encourage you to review our before-and-after photo gallery. Our surgeons are proud of the results our patients have come to expect.