We offer a variety of options to women considering breast implants at our practice in Denver, Colorado. We offer both silicone and saline implants in many sizes in order to fit a range of breast dimensions and personal goals. Which size is right? The basis premise of implant sizing is to match the base width of a woman’s breast with the diameter of the implant and vary projection to increase or decrease overall size. But there are many implants that fit the width range of a given woman’s breast.
Helpful Sizing Techniques
After narrowing the options down based upon breast width, there are two helpful techniques for breast augmentation patients to determine which size they prefer most.
- First, implant size is best determined by “trying on” the actual implants in a bra with the natural breast tissue. This method not only provides a real-life visual of enhanced breast sizes, but also gives women the feel of varying sized fuller breasts.
- Second, the Vectra® 3-D imaging system creates a virtual preview of breasts enlarged with any implant size currently available on the market.
These techniques give patients the control to choose their desired outcome as precisely as possible. This helps women feel they got it just right, avoiding:
- Disappointment over being too big
- Regret about not being enhanced enough
Implant Size Does Not Equal Cup Size
Using cup sizes to delineate the volume goal is not feasible because there is no standardized measurement for cup sizes between bra manufacturers. In other words, a C cup represents different volumes at different stores. So the cup nomenclature is a moving target and doesn’t accurately help define patients’ desired outcomes.
Every Body Is Unique
Many women attempt to figure out which size is best for them by analyzing before-and-after pictures of breast augmentation patients on the web. This method is not usually helpful because of the many variables that differ from woman to woman, such as:
- Amount of existing breast tissue
- Breast shape, size, and dimension
- Body proportions, height, and shoulder width
Frequently, women come into consults with a strong idea as to their desired implant volume based upon web pictures, only to find that they like a completely different size once they try the implants on their own bodies.
Browse our before-and-after gallery to see some of our actual breast augmentation results. If you have questions about implant sizing or breast enhancement surgery, contact us online or call (720) 279-1926.